It is clear from reading previous posts going back 5 years that clear explanations of how to restart page numbering
has been an issue for your clients. Accuracy and thorough instructions are necessary.
Your instructions omitted several steps - not at all obvious to anyone except expert readers - which sort of defeats the purpose of giving instructions to non-experts.
What would have been clear is:
Here's how you restart the page numbering:
1. Place the insertion point (caret) at the spot in your document where you wish to restart page numbering.
2. Use one of the commands in the menu Insert > Section Break. It doesn't matter which kind of section break you insert, choose one that's appropriate for your document.
3. In the "Sections" palette, turn on the "Restart Page Number" option (eg: it should appear "checked"). If you wish, enter a custom starting number.
Here's how you restart the page numbering
1. Place the insertion point (caret) at the spot on the page
in your document where you wish to restart page numbering
2. After selecting, e.g., "Same Page
" from 'Insert > Section Break' and checking the box 'Restart Page
Number' in the 'Sections palette', which will be Section 2 (or which ever Section you are renumbering), insert the insertion point caret where you want the first number of the new sequence to appear. If you want the page
number in the Header, insert the caret there; if the Footer, then in the Footer.
3. Using the Paragraph Palette (click the Blue T to get to it), you can justify the number left, right or center in the Footer or Header.
4. In the "Section" palette, turn on the "Restart Page
Number" option (ie, the little box should be checked). If you wish, enter a custom starting number.
5. When you have the caret insert point where you want the respective numbers to appear on all subsequent pages (e.g., in the Header or Footer) go to back to the Insert drop-down menu and choose Automatic Number>Page
The number sequence in whichever format, Arabic, LC Roman, etc. will have restarted from whatever number you chose as a Restart Page
Number in the Sections palette.