Feature Request: New Logo

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
nbarman

Feature Request: New Logo

Post by nbarman »

Hi,

Okay I know this is a controversial suggestion. However, I've long been a fan of NWE, but I don't find your logo aesthetically appealing. Can we get a logo that:

1. Looks nicer
2. Looks good even when scaled to smaller sizes
3. Conveys the notion of a word processor or a tool for writers

There are so many beautiful icons in the Mac world of software... things that are simple to look at yet pleasant. The Nisus icon, I'm afraid, has too much detail, too little color variation, and looks kind of like a mishmash at smaller sizes. Think of something nice - maybe a fountain pen, maybe a typewriter, even Microsoft Wierd has a nice, simple, "W" although I'm sure you could do better than that.

Do I have any hope with this request or is it too controversial a topic to raise?
HeatherKay

Post by HeatherKay »

Nisus Man is cool. He should stay.

The biggest beef I have is that so many icons in my Dock are blue. :?
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

In a future version, which I can't say, our application icon will feature less of Nisus man's naked blue torso ;) however, he will still make an appearance, so perhaps it's time to start learning to love smurfy bodybuilders :P
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

martin wrote:In a future version, which I can't say, our application icon will feature less of Nisus man's naked blue torso ;) however, he will still make an appearance, so perhaps it's time to start learning to love smurfy bodybuilders :P
Oh my god. Please tell me you haven't traded Clippy for the Naked Nisus Man™!!!
joao

Post by joao »

You know, Martin, if you guys decided to show _all_ of Mr. Blue Smurfy Naked Nisusman in the icon, the resulting publicity would probably result in an impressive sales, um, er - spike.

[/i]
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Certainly Nisus Writer Full Monty does have some interesting advertising potential.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

martin wrote:Certainly Nisus Writer Full Monty does have some interesting advertising potential.
IT'S A WINNER!!!
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Wow. Then you could sell calendars, too!