Nisus New confusion

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
ncdobson

Nisus New confusion

Post by ncdobson »

I selected a recent doc as my Nisus New file in the expectation that only its attributes would be present when I open a new document. But now when I open a new doc not only the desired attributes, but also all of the text from the paradigm document are present. Have I misunderstood the idea of using an actual document as the template? or just done something wrong in setting it as my New file?

TIA,

Nick Dobson
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

I don't believe you did anything wrong. I think this is the intended behavior. Just open the template, delete the existing content and save it.

--Craig
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

This would be desired behaviour if, for example, you primarily write TPS reports in Nisus, and you want your default new document to already have a coversheet on it, perhaps with all of your bosses' names written in loopy fonts.

I made my custom new doc template have all my styles and defaults set, then I use an assortment of other templates for documents where I want content (such as titles, page numberings, sections, biblios, etc.) to already be present.

*ahem* An interface for working with templates would be sweet. *cough*
gemboy27

probably obvious

Post by gemboy27 »

Making sure you deselect the "open as new file" box

Gem
I have never let my schooling interfere with my education/Mark Twain (1835-1910)