erase style

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
th_f

erase style

Post by th_f »

hi, i have a very "simple" question, but i don't find the answer in the "user guide".

how can i erase a style i don't need any longer from the style sheet?

thanks in advance,

thomas
DavidK

Post by DavidK »

Simple - Go to the style sheet (click on the rightmost of the three view icons at the upper left hand corner of the page), highlight the style you want to delete, and hit 'delete.' Presto! It's gone!

If you open Nisus Preferences, New Document, Advanced options, Edit file, you can add or delete styles on your default new document.

DK
th_f

Post by th_f »

hm,
and hit 'delete.'
no delete key on ibooks, powerbooks, and macbooks. Any other suggestions?

I think the problem ist, that the "wheel" (residing next to the +button to add styles) is always grayed out and therefore there is no access to the styles for "laptop"-users.

so again: HELP!
ninjagame

Post by ninjagame »

no delete key on ibooks, powerbooks, and macbooks.
Of course there is. It's the "Backspace" key directly below the F12 key, or, in other words, above the "Return" key, and it doubles as a delete key. (Anyway, it works this way on my (German) PowerBook.)

Nevertheless, the option "Remove Character Style" is greyed out which might be the case as long as you haven't defined a character style previously.
Last edited by ninjagame on 2006-04-26 00:04:11, edited 1 time in total.
th_f

Post by th_f »

hey,

vielen Dank! It works with "pure" backspace, I only tried option-backspace.

(But the wheel icon is always grayed out, does it have any function?)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

ninjagame wrote:Nevertheless, the option "Remove Character Style" is greyed out which might be the case as long as you haven't defined a character style previously.
That menu is just to remove character styles applied to text itself, not to remove styles from the stylesheet.
th_f wrote:(But the wheel icon is always grayed out, does it have any function?)
Currently no, it's just there to confuse you ;) we have plans to add a few menu items to it, but haven't gotten around to it.