410 page doc gone!!! + a Macro question....can anyone help?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
peridot

Post by peridot »

Craig, I'm wow-ed! You've done it. I deleted my existing "ny", created a new "ny" to expand to New York City. Then I hit the space bar twice and, lo & behold, it worked. Of course I had one extra space. So I tried again, this time entering only one space & THAT also worked. I've added a few more tests &, so far, they all work using one space.

It's bizarre, but using the "two space" technique just that one time seemed to fix whatever was wrong with Quickfix.

I cannot tell you how much time I've spent trying to get QF to work. Thanks to you, it does. You're my hero...
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

I wish I knew how to get your 410-page document back as it was before it vanished. I don't know what happened or how you can recover.

Is it possible that you saved it accidentally with a .pl (Perl) or .nwm (Nisus Writer Macro) extension accidentally and searched for it with an .rtf (or .doc) extension?

--Craig
peridot

Post by peridot »

Hi Craig: Fortunately 99.6% of the file was fine. I lost an afternoon's work and was able to reconstruct it by the next afternoon. I still don't know what happened (probably never will) but will search .pl & .nwm out of curiosity...Thanks again for all your help!