List Menu Missing Items

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
ProfT

List Menu Missing Items

Post by ProfT »

I just installed NWE on a new machine (downloaded fresh from the web). Working on a document, the list menu is missing items. Currently, only Number List 1 shows as an option. It appears that other lists are in the paragraph styles, not in the list styles.

Question #1: Why?
Question #2: How can I fix this so that appropriate list styles show in the menu.

Any help would be appreciated!
Mike
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Just as with other styles the set of list styles is unique to the document. When you create a new document in Nisus Writer Express the set of list styles is automatically picked up from your defaults. However, when you open an existing document there could be any number of list styles.

You can copy all the default list styles to an existing document if you like. Just open your Nisus New File, switch to the stylesheet view, and copy the styles you want. Then open the existing document and paste them.
ProfT

Post by ProfT »

Thanks so much. That worked perfectly. The document was not a new one, but one I had opened that had originally been created in Word.

Mike