dumb question: is there a way to go to a specific page?

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
jeffisme

dumb question: is there a way to go to a specific page?

Post by jeffisme »

is there a keyboard command to do this or something on the menu? can't seem to find anything about navigating around documents in the manual.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Really interesting. I just assumed I could click on the "page x of x" indicator and go to whatever page I wanted. Apparently I can't.
jeffisme

Post by jeffisme »

I was quite surprised find that clicking on the page number did nothing but exercise my finger.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

jeffisme wrote:I was quite surprised find that clicking on the page number did nothing but exercise my finger.
What? Is that not enough?
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

jeffisme wrote:I was quite surprised find that clicking on the page number did nothing but exercise my finger.
On the other hand (so to speak), you'll be ready and well-practiced when Nisus adds this functionality. The rest of us will have to build up our clicking-on-the-page work, while you'll already have mad skillz in that arena.
cgc

Post by cgc »

You will the the Michael Jordan of page clicking.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

cgc wrote:You will the the Michael Jordan of page clicking.
I just got this image of jeffisme clicking that button with his tongue hanging out.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

midwinter wrote:
cgc wrote:You will the the Michael Jordan of page clicking.
I just got this image of jeffisme clicking that button with his tongue hanging out.
I just got this image of jeffisme clicking that button with his tongue.
jeffisme

Post by jeffisme »

or with connie hawkins-sized fingers.

meanwhile, no comment from the nisus folks about this?
HeatherKay

Post by HeatherKay »

I get the impression that most of the Nisus folks are taking a well-earned break after the pressures of shipping 2.5.

Hope the weather's nice for them, too. 8)
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

HeatherKay wrote:I get the impression that most of the Nisus folks are taking a well-earned break after the pressures of shipping 2.5.

Hope the weather's nice for them, too. 8)
I don't know. I got a personal response back from a bug report.

But I do hope they all take a break for little bit. Some of those guys really burned the midnight oil getting this thing out.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

midwinter wrote:But I do hope they all take a break for little bit. Some of those guys really burned the midnight oil getting this thing out.
I don't know -- we shouldn't let them get lazy! Find more oil to burn, it's not midnight anymore!

But seriously, Nisus folk, you've done a fantastic job, and I appreciate it mightily. Please take some time off and spend it with whomever you ought, however you like.

Cheers!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

:lol: I got a good laugh out of all the clicking jokes, thanks guys (and ladies).

As for the feature request: it is a good one and has definitely been submitted as something we should add.
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

You do know, by now, that Nisus Writer Classic has this ability. We have known how valuable this is for a very long time. It is on "the list". We will implement it. When? Ah, that is a closely held secret.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

rmark wrote:When? Ah, that is a closely held secret.
Secret? Excellent, now we can speculate!