Express 2.5 Beta Feedback Thread

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
Jzents

Footnotes coming over from Word

Post by Jzents »

I have an outline that I wrote in Word and it has many footnotes. I have tried to open in NWX 2.5 rc2 and some of the footnotes appear in the text and a blank note at the bottom. I then tried opening the doc in NeoOffice and saving it as a .rtf doc. Well the note now at least appear at the bottom of the page, but now if I add a new note it does not match the indending etc of the exisiting notes even though when I put the curser in the notes and click on the tabs the dialog box gives the same settings for both notes!

I really like NWX but I have tons of outlines for students in Word and if they cannot be easily edited in NWX I am really out of luck in using NWX.
Jeffrey Zents
jzents@mac.com
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Ack. On a lark, I opened up an old Word document of mine. Footnotes are constantly renumbered on each page (all beginning with 1), there's an indent on every block quotation, and if I have more than one footnote on a page, all notes after the first are indented (like a weird hanging indent).
Jzents

Post by Jzents »

midwinter wrote:Ack. On a lark, I opened up an old Word document of mine. Footnotes are constantly renumbered on each page (all beginning with 1), there's an indent on every block quotation, and if I have more than one footnote on a page, all notes after the first are indented (like a weird hanging indent).
Yeah, this makes using Nisus as my main processor much harder because I simply do not have the time to reedit every footnote in an outline when I want to reuse 95 percent of it.
Jeffrey Zents
jzents@mac.com
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Well, the upside is that the two documents I have written entirely in NWE work great! ;)

Please, guys, track down these footnote bugs before you release 2.5
DavidK

Post by DavidK »

Using fc1, I opened up a Word file that had a hyperlink in it, and I wanted to keep the text of it, but make it into a regular piece of text -- in other words, delete the hyperlink part of it (if this makes sense). Is this possible?
Last edited by DavidK on 2005-09-06 04:30:57, edited 1 time in total.
jbravo556

Re: Express 2.5 Beta Feedback Thread -- AppleScript problem

Post by jbravo556 »

AppleScript problem:

in Express 2.5 fc2 the following line:

save window 1 as "HTML" in thefile

Will properly save the document in html format but will always result in an error "Apple Event timed out" and the script stops.

System is 10.4.2
dave
Official Nisus Person

Nisus Writer Express 2.5 Final Candidate 3: Last Call!

Post by dave »

So here we are, with yet another Final Candidate. This build, which has the very original name of Final Candidate 3, has a few more fixes for annoying issues. You can read about the fixes on <a href="http://www.nisus.com/express/beta/relea ... .php">this page</A>.

Download the latest version from <a href="http://www.nisus.com/express/beta/">here</A>.

Thanks for your support.
mluthern

New release

Post by mluthern »

Just thought I ought to tell you all about how pleased I am with the new releases. This program a joy to use. It looks good, works well and does what I need and just about everything I want, besides full screen ;-) Good job everyone! The columns function and save so much better (reliably) with this version. I now do alll my classes on it. Keep it up.

Matthew
Ask and you’ll recieve; Seek and you’ll find;Knock and the door will open.
cgc

Post by cgc »

Am I the only one that sees Nisus slowing down as my document gets larger? At two pages with one table and one numbered list (going up to eleven) NWE is using 80% cpu just to keep up with my typing. I have a 1GHZ mac G4 with 1GB memory. Odd and annoying.
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

Uh oh. Why do the fc3 release notes say, "Removed WordPerfect from list of Save formats?" Are you dropping WordPerfect compatibility?

--Craig
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

cchapin wrote:Uh oh. Why do the fc3 release notes say, "Removed WordPerfect from list of Save formats?" Are you dropping WordPerfect compatibility?
No, but we never were able to write WordPerfect documents. It was a mistake for the option to appear at all. But don't worry, we will still be able to read WordPerfect documents.
cchapin

Post by cchapin »

martin wrote:But don't worry, we will still be able to read WordPerfect documents.
That's the more important side of the equation for me.

--Craig