Hello... I'm new here, and more features request

Have a problem? A question? This is the place for answers from other Express users.
NISFAN

Hello... I'm new here, and more features request

Post by NISFAN »

Hi everybody.

I'm new here, so let me introduce myself. I've been using Nisus for over ten years. Although I'm not a power user, I've always liked this powerful, yet fast and easy to use word processor. Also, since I frequently write Japanese and Korean, besides English and my native Spanish, there is not other program handling all these languages as smoothly as Nisus does. So, Nisus people, please, keep doing your good work.

I just switched from Mac OS 9.1 to OS X (it was abut time, wasn't it?), and "upgraded" (better say "switched") from Nisus Writer 6.5 to Nisus writer Express 2.1., and I love it. I have to go through the program features, and get used to some changes, as text formats, and so. But I went straight working without problems.

Well, and now, my requests: I do quite a lot of technical writing, and I cannot live without the "making table of contents" and "making index" features. I did not find them in NWE. I do not know if there are difficult to implement features, but right now I keep doing this work in Nisus Classic. I'm I asking too much?

Cheers,
Santiago

PS
I whish formatting text in the forum messages were more NISUS like ;)
charles

Post by charles »

Hi. Welcome to Mac OS X! I'm glad you decided to join us again now that you have switched.

In answer to your request, we are adding automatic bullets and numbering for our next release (which will be available as a public beta soon). Once we have finished this, we will be able to add tables of content and indexing. So they are high on our list.

I wish writing on the whole web were more Nisus like!

-C
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
NISFAN

Post by NISFAN »

Thanks for your reply, Charles.
I'll be looking forward to seeing all these new features....

And so... when will we have our NWW "Nisus WEB writer"?

Regards,
Santiago
charles

Post by charles »

*sigh* if only we had an unlimited team of developers.... :)
Charles Jolley
Nisus Software, Inc.
mouthyorange

Post by mouthyorange »

Hi.
I'm a freelance writer who creates both articles and non-fiction books loyally using Nisus Writer (formerly Classic; now Express). Just getting to know NWE 2.5, which I am so far enjoying very much. And I'm writing to say, "Me, too! I badly need the features that will Make TOC and Create Index." I will remain faithful and watch for these in the future.

Plus, since someone else brought this up already, well, yes. I'm not fond of the NWE dock icon. Somehow that steely blue just seems so cold and -- cold. Nothing like Nisus or its people! Oh, for a little more depth, a little more detail. And a little more colour!

Seriously, you folks are doing great. Couldn't do without you.
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

charles wrote:(which will be available as a public beta soon)
ooh! More public beta goodness!!
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

midwinter wrote:
charles wrote:(which will be available as a public beta soon)
ooh! More public beta goodness!!
I enjoy crushing people's joy, so I'll point out that that was a pretty old post, and I'm fairly sure he was referring to the 2.5 public betas (which we already got). Sorry!

Although if new public betas started coming out, I'd be fine with that!
midwinter

Post by midwinter »

Way to ruin my day, man. And it's my birthday, too. :(

;)
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

midwinter wrote:Way to ruin my day, man. And it's my birthday, too. :(

;)
Excellent! :twisted:

I couldn't have planned it better.
foobar

TOC/Index features

Post by foobar »

So, these features were "high on your list" in March 2005. Where are they? When will a version containing these features be released so that I can evaluate it? I like you guys and your software, really I do, but I do not see clear communication about a release schedule on this forum, I see wishful thinking and dubious promises.