NISUS crashes when I cut highlighted text

Nisus Thesaurus, Nisus Writer Classic– this is the place for all other Nisus products.
ag644

Post by ag644 »

I use Nisus classic with the Mac Classic OS (working within Mac OSX 10.3.2,) and have discovered a consistent and recurring bug that causes Nisus to shut down completely and instantly whenever I attempt to delete or cut a section of highlighted text from within a Nisus document.

This is the the second time I've had this problem in the past few months. The first time I noticed it, I simply reloaded Nisus 5.1 from my original CD. Then (after downloading and installing the 5.1.3 updater from your site along with the upgraded Text tool,) it seemed to work fine for a few weeks, until I noticed that the problem had returned. I really hate to have to reload Nisus again, especially since it's such an involve dprocess to add in the two updaters as well.)

I have no idea why this is happening, but my hunch is that there's some incompatitibility issue with Nisus Express, which I also have loaded on my computer. My reason for that assumption is that I noticed this started to happen immediately after I copied some Rich text from Express into a Nisus 5.1.3 document. The text copied over fine, but from then on, everytime I wanted to cut and paste text in the Nisus 5.1.3 doc, it would crash. And perhaps its a coincidence, but just before the bug reappeared this morning, I had copied a page of text from Express into my 5.1.3 doc.

Anyone had a similar problem? Any idea how to fix it?
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Post by rmark »

ag644,

I'm sorry you experience difficulties with Nisus Writer Classic.

I doubt that the reason for your crash has anything to do with the presence of Nisus Writer Express. I have the two running on my computer here at work and at home *all the time* and have never had the experience you describe, nor, has this been reported by anyone else.

Do you, perhaps have an Epson printer?

Have you tried running your Classic environment with all Extensions turned off (for testing purposes)? Does the crash continue to happen under those circumstances?
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
ag644

I do have an epson 820 printer

Post by ag644 »

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens. I do have an Epson 820 printer connected. Should that concern me?
rmark
Official Nisus Person

NISUS crashes when I cut highlighted text [Epson problem?]

Post by rmark »

ag644,

Well, you might want to take a look at this portion of our FAQ for Nisus Writer Classic:

http://www.nisus.com/NisusWriter/Support/Tech/epson.php

It deals specifically with the Epson printer problems people have experienced.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.
ag644

thanks!

Post by ag644 »

I'll check that out.