Split View

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
adryan

Split View

Post by adryan »

G’day, Martin et al

Thanks for the tip, Martin, about right-clicking a split's divider bar. However, this only works on a very tiny portion of the divider bar, at its extreme left or extreme bottom, depending on split orientation. Elsewhere, you still only see the Margin Mover.

Cheers,
Adrian
MacBook Pro (M1 Pro, 2021)
macOS Ventura
Nisus Writer user since 1996
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Split View

Post by martin »

That isn't how it's supposed to work. Are you sure you're right-clicking (or Control clicking)? That should work anywhere on any split view's divider bar. I just tested and it's working correctly here.

The behavior you're seeing with the very small clickable hotspot is expected for regular (left) mouse clicks. There's a little oval icon that indicates the region for regular clicks.
adryan

Post by adryan »

G’day, Martin et al

For me, both regular click and Control-click only reveal the contextual menu when applied to the small clickable hotspot on a split's divider bar.

Cheers,
Adrian
macOS Ventura
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Ah, you're right, there is a bug here. Control clicking doesn't work except in that tiny oval icon. Only right-clicking behaves correctly. Sorry about that and the misunderstanding.

Control-clicking and right-clicking should do the same thing. I'll file a bug on this. In the meantime please stick to right-clicking (if your mouse allows).
adryan

Post by adryan »

G'day, Martin et al

I don’t use a mouse with my MacBook Pro, so Control-click is the only option. No urgent need to correct this bug, but I guess it flags the need to check whether there are any other instances of this discrepancy.

Cheers,
Adrian
macOS Ventura