Text-wrapping graphic on every page

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Martin S Taylor

Text-wrapping graphic on every page

Post by Martin S Taylor »

Is there a way to put a graphic automatically on every page? My headed notepaper has a large graphic in the top right-hand corner, and it would be nice if I could automatically have text excluded from that area of each page.

(Nisus comes close: I can do this in the header/footer area, but then I can't type alongside it; or I can set the graphic as a watermark, but then text doesn't flow round it.)

In Pages '09 I could include a graphic on a Master Page, which did what I need very neatly. But now Pages '09 is discontinued (and won't work under Mojave) and I'm looking for a replacement. This is the one big feature which I can't find in any other WP. Does Nisus have it? Would you consider implementing it in the future?

MST
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Text-wrapping graphic on every page

Post by martin »

You might be able to achieve the desired effect in Nisus Writer Pro, but it depends on exactly what text you need to wrap around your graphic. The key question is whether this ubiquitous graphic needs to have all text wrap around it, or just other header text.

As you know Nisus Writer does allow you to wrap text around graphics. And if you want a graphic to display on every page, you can insert it into any header area. So, to have an image show on every page and wrap text around it, just place your graphic into a header and set it so text wraps around it. The only caveat: only other header text will wrap around this graphic; regular body text will not wrap around your header graphic.

Does that help? Or do you need all text (including main body text) to wrap around this header graphic?
Martin S Taylor

Post by Martin S Taylor »

[Sorry to be a while getting back to you! I can't believe it was 2.5 years since I asked this question!]

As you surmise, I need all text (including body text) to wrap around the graphic. The graphic itself isn't going to be printed using Nisus – it's already there on my headed notepaper. So what I want is for the body text on every page to automatically wrap around an invisible rectangle in the top right hand corner, so that when I print out the document it won't print over the graphic which already exists on the page.

MST
phspaelti

Post by phspaelti »

I am appending here a macro that will copy the first floating contents of your file to every following page. It will also make sure to copy and adjust the settings - including text flow. Note that you will need to insert the first one manually before you run this.

This will probably work best if you run it on a document that has no other floating contents. If you needed to run it a second time, it would probably be best to remove all floating contents first and insert the first one over.

Hope this is useful.
Attachments
Copy Floating Contents to All Pages.nwm
(6.85 KiB) Downloaded 356 times
philip