Missing Style Sheets

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
davidrcalvert

Missing Style Sheets

Post by davidrcalvert »

Hi,
With Nisus Writer Pro 2.12, I noticed that style sheets that were created in former versions are not there anymore. Has anyone encountered this as well?

David
xiamenese

Re: Missing Style Sheets

Post by xiamenese »

Yes, I had this problem — if you mean templates. My solution was to click to add a custom folder to the document manager and set it to my Templates folder. My Document Manager points to a "Nisus Documents" folder in my Dropbox and the Templates folder is in that. By doing it that way, its contents are all available to the three computers I use.

Mark
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

It's possible that during recent version updates, somehow Nisus Writer Pro (NWP) got confused about your Nisus New File template. That template is essentially cloned every time you make a new document. If NWP incorrectly defaulted to using the wrong template, any new documents you create won't have the styles you expect.

To check on that, you'll want to:
1. Open NWP's preferences.
2. Switch to the "New File" pane.
3. Click the "Advanced" tab.
4. In the "Template File" area, choose the "Nisus New File", and make sure it's set to the template file you expect.

I hope that helps. As Mark says, you might want to establish a template file located in a folder that you can keep in sync between all your Macs.
davidrcalvert

Post by davidrcalvert »

Thank You for the information. I now see where I have to set up areas to save my templates.
However the modified Bullet Lists I created from former versions of Nisus do not appear to be found. I had at lest four or five new bullets lists that do not show up at all.

I will try to recreate them and save per the set up you suggested.

David