Track Changes' Colours

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Jester

Track Changes' Colours

Post by Jester »

Hi!

I'm editing a really long PhD thesis, and I noticed that sometimes the corrections are so many it's hard to distinguish which line goes where. I know you can right click on the word and see the change, but I think it'd be «nice» and useful if there were some colour change/degradation in the bubbles of the changes pane.

Btw, can I change the colour of the bubbles in the Changes Pane? I hate that yellow, but couldn't find where to change it in the Preferences.

Finally, I really want a Surface Pro 3. Nisus is, honestly, the only thing keeping me in Mac.
phspaelti

Re: Track Changes' Colours

Post by phspaelti »

Jester wrote:I'm editing a really long PhD thesis, and I noticed that sometimes the corrections are so many it's hard to distinguish which line goes where. I know you can right click on the word and see the change, but I think it'd be «nice» and useful if there were some colour change/degradation in the bubbles of the changes pane.
You are aware that you can turn on "smart fade"? If you do this the bubbles gradually fade showing only more recent changes.
You can also hide the changes in the text (along with the lines).
TrackedChangesPrefs.png
TrackedChangesPrefs.png (55.02 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
Jester wrote:Btw, can I change the colour of the bubbles in the Changes Pane? I hate that yellow, but couldn't find where to change it in the Preferences.
The color of the tracked changes is the same as the comment color. Change the setting of "My Comments" (in "Preferences > Appearance > Comments"). This preference is a single 'switch' so the color of all past and future changes will change immediately.
CommentColorPref.png
CommentColorPref.png (86.46 KiB) Viewed 4100 times
If you wanted different color changes for some purpose, you could also try logging in as a different user and edit the document. But I'm not sure this makes sense. Probably the better idea is to at some point accept some of the changes, to reduce the number.
philip