Format change for multiple open documents

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
foster13

Format change for multiple open documents

Post by foster13 »

Is there a one-click or other simplest way to make format changes of multiple open documents? This is for copy and pasted browser text into Nisus documents, that I want to change to justified Times Regular size 14.

Thank you!
phspaelti

Re: Format change for multiple open documents

Post by phspaelti »

In Nisus you generally have the following options:
  • You can "Paste Text Only". The text from the clipboard will take on the formatting of the paste target.
  • You can "Copy Text Only". The clipboard will receive the copied text, but lose the formatting. Later pasting will take the formatting of the target. Of course this command won't work on text you copy from your browser, since it only works in Nisus.
  • You can edit the clipboard. Use "Edit Current Clipboard" and reformat as usual. Then you can paste the result anywhere.
Obviously there isn't any "one-click" solution to apply the very formatting you want, but if you want to do this very thing on a regular basis, you can certainly write a macro to say reformat the current clipboard in the way specified. Here's an example:
Format Current Clipboard.nwm
(16.2 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
philip
ptram

Post by ptram »

As far as I know, there isn't a way to format all open documents at once. However, I guess you know that copying formats between documents is as easy as opening the Style Sheet view, selecting all styles, and dragging them onto a target document that you want to reformat.

I would love to see a Binder/Book feature like InDesign, to collect all chapters/documents in a book in a single binder, and apply the formattings of a master document to all other documents in the same binder.

Paolo
ProfT

Post by ProfT »

ptram wrote:I would love to see a Binder/Book feature like InDesign, to collect all chapters/documents in a book in a single binder, and apply the formattings of a master document to all other documents in the same binder.Paolo
I second this request. I just finished a large book project. I used separate files for each chapter and it would have been great to have a feature that would allow me to automatically combine those files into a master document with a master set of styles applied to the whole.

Mike
tomoyuki-kosaka

Post by tomoyuki-kosaka »

ProfT wrote:
ptram wrote:I would love to see a Binder/Book feature like InDesign, to collect all chapters/documents in a book in a single binder, and apply the formattings of a master document to all other documents in the same binder.Paolo
I second this request. I just finished a large book project. I used separate files for each chapter and it would have been great to have a feature that would allow me to automatically combine those files into a master document with a master set of styles applied to the whole.
Mike
I think so too. If NWP can automatic combine separate files to one file, we can concentrate more easy and correct text more short period.
And I'd like to use cross-reference feature among separate files.

Kosaka