Feature request re Find/Replace

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
credneb

Feature request re Find/Replace

Post by credneb »

The find pane in the F/R window is expandable, which is particularly handy for building a long find string. I've found this even handier since figuring out how to use Capture().

However, the replace pane remains a tiny 2 lines high, though there is a scroll bar.

It would therefore be even better if the replace pane could also be expanded. I've tried grabbing here and there with the cursor to no avail. Stretching the entire window wider makes the pane wider, but this is of limited utility.

Possible?

Thanks.

Cliff
phspaelti

Re: Feature request re Find/Replace

Post by phspaelti »

credneb wrote:However, the replace pane remains a tiny 2 lines high, though there is a scroll bar.
Actually things are much worse than what you describe. After about 4-5 lines, the lines start disappearing completely below the edge of the box and you can't scroll down at all.
credneb wrote:It would therefore be even better if the replace pane could also be expanded. I've tried grabbing here and there with the cursor to no avail. Stretching the entire window wider makes the pane wider, but this is of limited utility.
Yes, fix this please :!:
philip
credneb

Re: Feature request re Find/Replace

Post by credneb »

The non-functioning scroll bar I failed to mention was one reason I wrote.

But even if you could scroll, you couldn't see the entire replace statement at once.