10.7.5 might kill .doc-support?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Waldbaer

10.7.5 might kill .doc-support?

Post by Waldbaer »

Hi, I just read in the FAQ that Rosetta might be needed for .doc-conversion. At the moment, I'm still using 10.6, so there's no problem, but you say that you'll drop support for 10.6, so you'll drop support for Rosetta, too (it's actually the only reason that I'm still keeping 10.6). So I just want to know: Will we still be able to open .docs, since they are still around quite often?

I hope so, and if yes (the issue should have an effect on many users nowadays already, if they use a newer system), maybe you should consider adding a note to the FAQ concerning Rosetta... :wink:
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: 10.7.5 might kill .doc-support?

Post by martin »

That's an old FAQ that we should update, or remove entirely. The information it provides isn't relevant to the current situation. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Right now, with the current version of Nisus Writer Pro (2.0.7), there is no need for Rosetta. Our file format importer for DOC and DOCX will function properly and natively, without the use of Rosetta. So yes, you'll definitely still be able to open ".doc" files for the foreseeable future!