Left hand margin in Draft View

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Nick Sloan

Left hand margin in Draft View

Post by Nick Sloan »

Is there any way to increase the left hand margin in Draft View?
It appears that irrespective of the margin set in Page View, Draft View will display text about 17 pixels from the left hand edge. I find that this makes for uncomfortable reading, and detracts from the purpose of Draft View. It is possible to set an indent for all text, which is respected in Draft View, but this seems like a clunky solution. I do realise too that full screen is another option, but I’d much prefer it the default LH margin in Draft View was either increased to a comfortable amount or made user-definable.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Left hand margin in Draft View

Post by martin »

Hi Nick: there isn't any way to do that in Draft View, sorry. I'll file an enhancement request.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Oh, this won't give you exactly the control you're looking for, but if you turn on the menu option View > Show Paragraph Formatting Icons that will give you some additional gutter space in Draft View, assuming you don't mind the icons that appear.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Another potential partial workaround: set the line numbering mode to "Show Paragraph Numbers This Section" and set the number color to white. That may be less distracting to you than the paragraph formatting icons, though again you won't have control over the additional margin space that is reserved for the line numbers.
Nick Sloan

Post by Nick Sloan »

Thanks for the creative thinking Martin; that makes three workarounds, including mine, but none of them is really a substitute for a touch of polish to the interface. I don't think it even needs to be a preference—I would be almost as happy if the existing draft view margin was doubled; that would simply look a whole lot better. Thanks too for logging the enhancement request. Let's hope someone listens.