Problems opening a letterhead created in Word

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
michiganuser19

Problems opening a letterhead created in Word

Post by michiganuser19 »

My employer has two different templates for letterhead. Both are in .docx format. When I open them in NWP, each has a problem. One is completely blank -- the graphics disappear altogether. The other is mangled -- the graphic elements show up, but are rearranged oddly on the page.

Are there tricks to be used with letterhead, or ways I can nudge NWP to see this sort of file in a different way? Thank you.
NisusUser

Re: Problems opening a letterhead created in Word

Post by NisusUser »

One thing that might help is to ask the creator of the .docx document to save it as .rtf from within WORD and send it to you. Probably it will be usable then in Nisus Writer Pro.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

That's exactly right: if you can use the RTF format, that will always be the best way to ensure fidelity between NWP and Word. For DOC and DOCX files, we rely upon a LibreOffice-based importer; depending on the complexity of the document, the imported content may not always meet your needs.
michiganuser19

Letterhead as base layer?

Post by michiganuser19 »

Returning to this thread, as my employer has just generated new letterhead -- which we all have in electronic format, but as .pdf, not .rtf (or .doc/.docx).

Is there any way to set such a pdf as background for the purposes of a NWP document? This is distinct from inserting an image into an rtf file.

I found a few postings in the older forum threads asking about the return of a "graphics layer," which I understand existed in previous versions of the program (Classic), but those postings are years old now -- I don't see anything in the current versions of NWP's help files or user manual.

Thank you!
ProfT

Post by ProfT »

You can insert the PDF as a watermark in the background. Tools > Watermark. Select the Watermark from an image file and then select the PDF. You can set the alignment in the dialogue box along with the level of transparency.

Mike
michiganuser19

Post by michiganuser19 »

Thank you!! Very much appreciated. That's great --just what I was looking for. Thanks!