Feature requests

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
rfwilmut

Feature requests

Post by rfwilmut »

Just purchased Nisus Writer Pro and done quite a lot of work with it - pleased with the results. Converting a number of documents from Pages has thrown up a couple of things I would like you to consider adding:

1. The ability to lock drawn objects and imported images to prevent accidental moving or deletion. The ability to group objects would also be helpful.

2. The ability to treat tables as floating objects to allow positioning anywhere and text wrap.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Feature requests

Post by martin »

That's great to hear! We hope Nisus Writer continues to please you as you use it more.
rfwilmut wrote:1. The ability to lock drawn objects and imported images to prevent accidental moving or deletion.
I'll file an enhancement request for that, thank you for the suggestion.
The ability to group objects would also be helpful.
Do you mean floating objects/shapes? If so, that is actually possible. You might see more in the User Guide, but the menu Tools > Shapes > Group Shapes will do, or the group shapes button in the Shapes palette.
2. The ability to treat tables as floating objects to allow positioning anywhere and text wrap.
This isn't directly possible, but you can effectively achieve this: just create a floating text box and place your table inside it. I hope that helps.
rfwilmut

Re: Feature requests

Post by rfwilmut »

Thanks for the grouping info: I'd not found that (still working my way through things).

I'd tried putting a table in a text box before and failed, but I tried just now and it worked fine, so that solves that - thank you.