Kern attribute

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
msebban

Kern attribute

Post by msebban »

Kern attribute
Kern attribute
capture 5774-02-22 à 21.21.05.png (20.42 KiB) Viewed 4781 times
I'm customizing a special Character for transliteration tab with Kern Attribute in a NWP document.
My character is what i expect (unless i wish to make the Kern stronger) But i want this Kern only for this Character and the ability to paste it by find and replace or one by one to other documents.
The copy function don't allow me to copy my new Character.. So, how can I copy this new character and use it my way (in special characters palette for ex)??
Thank's for answers
phspaelti

Re: Kern attribute

Post by phspaelti »

Is it possible for you to use a character style to mark these special characters? (The main drawback is that you may already be using character styles for something else that needs to be applied to such characters…)
philip
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Are you actually making a special character using a custom font and/or the Unicode private use area? Or are you just typing a letter "S" (with combining mark) followed by "h", selecting that, and then tightening the kerning? If it's the latter, then Philip's suggestion to apply a custom character style makes the most sense. NWP can find and replace based on that character style. You could also have a glossary expansion insert that pre-formatted "Sh" combination.
msebban

Post by msebban »

thank's
it sounds good