Red underlining of typos takes longer to (dis)appear

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Jester

Red underlining of typos takes longer to (dis)appear

Post by Jester »

Hi all! I hope everyone's fine in the Nisus world.

Maybe this is due to my computer, but I've noticed that when I have a tipo and I correct it back to the proper spelling, it takes the programme some seconds (like 6) to detect that it's been corrected. I also recall that sometimes it takes longer for Nisus to detect when a word has a typo, i.e. it won't show the red spelling right away, which is something weird to be honest, it didn't happen before. Again, this might just be my computer, but I'd like to know if this has been happening to anyone else.

Cheers.

Daniel
CrisB

Re: Red underlining of typos takes longer to (dis)appear

Post by CrisB »

Hi Daniel,

Yes, correcting typo's used to be instantaneous on my 8 gig Snow Leopardl MacMini, but now there can be a second or two delay. I just figured it was natural...

Cris
Find strategies to improve your effectiveness at http://www.lifestrategies.net
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Because inline spellchecking (those red squiqqle underlines) occurs in the background, how fast they appear can depend on a variety of factors, eg: how much spare processing time your Mac has, other background tasks in NWP and elsewhere, etc.

That said, I've recently noticed that sometimes NWP takes longer than it should on this, and I've already filed a report for us to investigate this. Updating those red squiggles for freshly edited text should be a top priority. I'll add your vote to my report, thanks!
Jester

Post by Jester »

CrisB wrote:Hi Daniel,

Yes, correcting typo's used to be instantaneous on my 8 gig Snow Leopardl MacMini, but now there can be a second or two delay. I just figured it was natural...

Cris
Yes, I noticed this happened after the last update.
martin wrote:Because inline spellchecking (those red squiqqle underlines) occurs in the background, how fast they appear can depend on a variety of factors, eg: how much spare processing time your Mac has, other background tasks in NWP and elsewhere, etc.

That said, I've recently noticed that sometimes NWP takes longer than it should on this, and I've already filed a report for us to investigate this. Updating those red squiggles for freshly edited text should be a top priority. I'll add your vote to my report, thanks!
Indeed! I have two relatively powerful computers (iMac Core Duo 12GB; Air i5 8GB —blazing fast—) and they're both quite inconsistent with the inline spellchecking; for example, right now I'm using Nisus in my Air and have 3GB free, about 4 programmes running, and it took Nisus about 5 (!!!) seconds to remove the red squiggle underlines, which is quite annoying to be honest.

As usual Martin, thanks a lot for your quick reply and for making this a top priority, as it is a bothering issue.