Save as and location in dialog box

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
wawe26

Save as and location in dialog box

Post by wawe26 »

I got a problem with the proposed location of a document, that I want to rename with "Save as". When I opened a document via the Document Manager and then choosed "Save as" to make a copy with a new name (because I wanted to change the source document), then the dialog box of "Save as" automatically proposed the location of the source document for saving the renamed document. That was very useful.
For some days (and I did not find out why :-)) the dialog box sudeenly proposes the document folder. That ist very annoying and I have always to click through to find the originally place. Since I create a lot of documents every day in that manner, I loose a lot of time and wish to force the dialog box, to automatically propose the location of the source document. How can I do this?
Thanks for your help
Peter
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Save as and location in dialog box

Post by martin »

Hi Peter,

In general the location of the Save dialog is not controlled by Nisus Writer itself, but instead by Apple/OSX. It should typically default to either the current location of the document (if any) or the last folder you were working with (eg: in another Save/Open dialog). But since this is generally all handled by Apple automatically I can't give you specifics on how it should work.

That said, if you want to save a file to the Document Manager you can use the menu File > Save As in Document Manager, which will provide a Save dialog that is targeted to your Document Manager folder. I hope that helps.
wawe26

Re: Save as and location in dialog box

Post by wawe26 »

Hi Martin
Thanks for your reply.
I found now a solution: Since we have all our (Nisus) documents on a Mac Mini Server for the whole office, I supposed, that my Mac has lost the automatically connection with the server (I have to admitt, that I did not turn off my Mac for several days).
So I marked in the Finder-Preferences the folder, where the Nisus Files are stored on the server and I controlled, if the Server was marked as automatically opened in the System Preference.
Then I restarted my Mac. Since that, the Save as dialog box proposes meagain the (right) place of the source document, when I wand to resave a document, that I opened with the Document Manager of Nisus.
Peter