TOC dot leader style not sticking . . .

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
goldste4

TOC dot leader style not sticking . . .

Post by goldste4 »

Hi All,

I have encountered a problem with the Table of Contents (TOC) styles. The default dot leader style for the right tab is underline. When I change the style to dotted that change is then rightly reflected in the TOC in the document. However, when the file is closed and then reopened (and sometimes when the TOC is regenerated—but not always!), the dot leaders have reverted back to underline.

I know there have been other problems with style changes not sticking, so maybe this is just another of them.

I'm using NWP2.0.4 and OS 10.8.2.

Josh
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: TOC dot leader style not sticking . . .

Post by martin »

Hi Josh, I wasn't able to reproduce this, would you be able to send me a test file that shows the problem? Thanks for your help!
goldste4

Post by goldste4 »

Hi Martin, I've sent the file in via 'feedback'. Thanks for looking into this. Josh
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks for the file Josh, we've received it and taken at look. I emailed you privately already, but for the benefit of the forum I'll explain the situation here, in case anyone else runs into it.

What's happening is that the leader tab settings from one style (in this case "Horizontal Line") are bleeding into and overriding subsequent styles (eg: "TOC 1") when reopening the file. This only occurs when a style emitted earlier in the RTF uses either a "custom character" or "underline" leader tab style, and a later style uses the "dotted" or "dashed" style. In that case the earlier style's leader tab setting incorrectly bleeds into the later style.

In order to fix this in your file I deleted the "Horizontal Line" style, which you aren't using, and changed the leader tab to "dotted" for styles TOC 1-3. I emailed you the fixed document privately, which should be stable.

Sorry for the trouble. We'll definitely get this bug fixed for the next update.
goldste4

Post by goldste4 »

Hi Martin,
Thanks for the quick diagnosis of the problem! Not too hard to work around the bug, but glad it will be squashed in the next update!
Josh