NW 2.04 and Mountain Lion

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Daniel Siegel

NW 2.04 and Mountain Lion

Post by Daniel Siegel »

I just installed Mountain Lion on my Macbook Pro (and, so far, wishing I had not). Things are running very slowly, including NW (saving as a pdf, for example, took a good five minutes). So I'm wondering if others have experienced this slowdown and whether there is any reason to think it is connected to NW.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: NW 2.04 and Mountain Lion

Post by martin »

If everything on 10.8 is running slowly for you, it's very unlikely the problem is NWP. However, if there's some particular aspect of NWP that's unusually slow (and other applications aren't as sluggish in the same regard), then please let us know and we can take a look.
GeoffRoynon

Post by GeoffRoynon »

I am running Mountain Lion (with NWPro) on a Mac Pro and a Macbook Air and have no problems with things running slow.
You could do a search for "Macbook Pro slow" on the Mountain Lion community on the Apple Discussions site, some people are reporting problems with slowing up using Macbook Pros.
One of the replies pointed to this site http://www.reedcorner.net/understanding ... ightmares/ and said it may help.
Geoff Roynon
Mac Studio, MacOS X 14.0 Sonoma
NW Pro 3.3
Daniel Siegel

Post by Daniel Siegel »

Thanks for the responses. I did keep digging around. When I checked Activity Monitor, I found that CalendarAgent was hogging a huge amount of memory and using a lot of cpu. Poking around some more, I found the following: http://robert.accettura.com/blog/2012/0 ... ating-cpu/
I followed these directions, albeit very slowly since the Macbook Pro was so sluggish, and it worked. Hoping this may help others, since there were several others who were complaining about exactly this issue.