eliminate space between body and footer?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
editor10

eliminate space between body and footer?

Post by editor10 »

Is it possible to do this?

We are using Nisus to make a cover page, with photos on a black background in the body, and the title on black in the footer. But a white area between body and footer seems ineradicable.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: eliminate space between body and footer?

Post by martin »

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you have in your document, but I'll assume you're using either paragraph shading or character background coloring for your black background. Those two features will always leave the space/gutter between the main document body and footer/header unfilled because they are intentionally restricted to their respective text areas.

A possible solution: draw a black filled rectangle shape that floats over the gutter between the main body and footer. I hope that helps.
editor10

Post by editor10 »

That sounds like exactly what we need. (Shades of drawing white boxes in the old old Pagemaker to hide things!)

Thank you.
editor10

Post by editor10 »

Martin,

Nisus won't let me place a black rectangle over the white (gutter) area between the body and the footer. It forces the rectangle into either the body or the footer.

I made the black rectangle in another app and pasted it in, dragged it around, resized it, tried to make it small and put it in the margin and then drag it in, none of that worked.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

editor10 wrote:I made the black rectangle in another app
This isn't necessary, as Pro now has drawing tools that will let you create basic shapes. These tools are available from the shapes palette group, toolbar items, or the Tools menu.
...pasted it in, dragged it around, resized it, tried to make it small and put it in the margin and then drag it in, none of that worked.
It sounds like your shape was pasted in as an inline image, which behaves essentially like any other bit of text (eg: it is restricted to the text area). What you want is a "floating" shape, eg: one which can be positioned freely. When you use NWP's drawing tools you will create floating shapes directly. However, if you have an inline image (such as the one you pasted), use the image's contextual menu "Wrap Text Around Image" to change the shape so it floats. The shape/image wrap palette also lets you control this behavior.

Let me know if you have any other problems.
editor10

Post by editor10 »

Aha.

Thanks, Martin.