Document Manager

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
wawe26

Document Manager

Post by wawe26 »

Hallo
Perhaps this question already has been discussed: In the Classic-Version Nisus was able to let you click through folders in the Document Manager (as you can in the finder).
The Document Manager of Nisus Writer Pro accepts only the folder with the documents in it. If you draw folder with other folders in it, you see nothing in the Document Manager. You cannot click throug, until you arrive to the folder with the docuemtns in it.
For me, this is a problem. I have for example a folder E110 with a lot of sub-folders E110.1, E110.2, E110.3 etc. in it. If I draw the folder 110 to the Document Manager, I see nothing. I have always to draw the folder on the lowest level (with the documents in it) to the Document Manager.
Are there plans to re-introduce the solution from the Classic-Nisus? Or is there another way to fix my problem?
Sincerely
Peter
rmark
Official Nisus Person

Re: Document Manager

Post by rmark »

Hello Peter,

The Document Manager in Nisus Writer Pro is a completely different feature from the Catalog of Nisus Writer Classic.

As you have learned, there are a number of things you could do with the Catalog that you cannot do with the Document Manager. You will yet learn that there are other things you can do with the Document Manager that were not possible with the Catalog.

We have a variety of suggestions on our list regarding enhancements to the Document Manager. What you suggest is among them. In the meantime, you might consider familiarizing yourself with its capabilities as described in the User's Guide.

I hope that helps. If you need any additional assistance, please let me know.
Write On!
Mark Hurvitz
Nisus Software Inc.