Still cannot open .doc files properly

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
skcryan

Still cannot open .doc files properly

Post by skcryan »

Hi
Is there anybody out there with any suggestions as to how I might be able to open .doc files. The advice I received on another thread was to wait it out and the problem may correct itself. I've waited over a month now and still no change.

Whenever I try to open a .doc file (.docx is fine), I get the following message:
There were problems that prevented us from opening the document.

Would you like to retry opening the file, using an alternative importer? Please note that this alternative import may not be as complete.
I then 'retry' and the file opens but all comments and tracked changes are missing, making it pretty much impossible for me to use NWP when collaborating with others.
Any suggestions?

Thanks as always
Ruchama

Re: Still cannot open .doc files properly

Post by Ruchama »

I do not understand the advice you received, and the reasoning behind it... the first advice I would give you is to send a sample file to nisus support..
alternatively, could you load a file here? also, could you describe what system/NWP you are using?
skcryan

Re: Still cannot open .doc files properly

Post by skcryan »

I should have made it clear that it wasn't official advice; it was another user who had experienced the same issue. He said it just came and went without his doing anything.

In my case, I am using NWP 2.0.2 on a Macbook Pro (10.6.4). I get this problem with every .doc file. It isn't limited to specific files.