Poll: Line Numbering by Section or Paragraph style?

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Bob Stern

Poll: Line Numbering by Section or Paragraph style?

Post by Bob Stern »

Question for those of you who use line numbering: Do you prefer the current method of defining line numbering attributes by Section, or would you like to see line numbering as a Paragraph attribute?

If there is enough demand for the latter, I hope we can convince Nisus to implement this change.

Perhaps Nisus can provide both options like Microsoft Word for OS X, in which line numbering is a paragraph attribute but alternatively can be applied to an entire section. (FWIW, in WordPerfect Mac, which I used back in the days of MacOS 7–9, line numbering is a paragraph attribute.)

Requiring a section break to turn line numbering on and off creates a serious problem for me because I need to insert an unnumbered blank line between paragraphs in which the numbering is restarted at 1. This requires two section breaks separated only by a blank line. NWP handles this in a buggy manner, which often results in the first or last line of a paragraph being invisible if it happens to occur at the beginning or end of a page. (Yes, I reported this as a bug.)
Groucho

Re: Poll: Line Numbering by Section or Paragraph style?

Post by Groucho »

I think I remember phpBB provided a polling tool in the past. I looked for it but couldn’t find it.
Anyway, I back your proposition. Count me as pro.

Henry.