Needed: a "Go Back" button

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
harryhoffner

Needed: a "Go Back" button

Post by harryhoffner »

My work involves intensive editing of long, book-length, technical documents with lots of cross-references and multiple note streams. I need to be able to go from one location to another, make a change and return to where I just was. If there is this capability in Mellel at present, would someone please tell me where it is and how to work it? If it doesn't exist, I feel it is an urgent need. Something like a "back" arrow on a web browser.

Thanks very much.
Hamid

Re: Needed: a "Go Back" button

Post by Hamid »

You can go to any number of next and previous locations by using the two commands:

Edit:Select:Next Selection
Keyboard shortcut ⌘]

Edit:Select:Previous Selection
Keyboard shortcut ⌘[
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

Right-click on the toolbar and select Customize Toolbar…. Drag the two Back and Forward blue arrows. Note: they should be in the default set.

Cheers, Henry.
jb

Post by jb »

Assuming that we're talking about Nisus rather than Mellel :)

Edit:Select:Next Selection
Keyboard shortcut ⌘]

Edit:Select:Previous Selection
Keyboard shortcut ⌘[
In my Nisus (2.0.2) although the shortcut ⌘] is set to Next Selection, the shortcut ⌘[ is set to Draft View.

Hamid, perhaps you've reset the latter (via Keyboard Maestro or some other)? Not a bad idea, if you want to navigate this way more than you want to change views.
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

jb wrote:[...]In my Nisus (2.0.2) although the shortcut ⌘] is set to Next Selection, the shortcut ⌘[ is set to Draft View.

Hamid, perhaps you've reset the latter (via Keyboard Maestro or some other)? Not a bad idea, if you want to navigate this way more than you want to change views.
I don't have a keyboard shortcut for Draft View.
The two shortcuts ⌘] and ⌘[ seem to be the default shortcuts (just like some web browsers have for Back and Forward).
jb

Post by jb »

I realized that it was the void between my ears that caused the trouble. I'm the one who had remapped the shortcut in the 'old days' before Nisus 2.x.
Please ignore me.