Managing large files

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
lellius

Managing large files

Post by lellius »

NWP has great features, in fact myself i am using it since many years and up to now i bought all the versions until the last one (2.0), but i must admit that Nisus (unlike MS Word) has always had in my experience some difficulties in managing large files, even if slightly formatted or not formatted at all.
Opening a 2/3 MB file (some 300-400 pages), it takes up to one minute (or longer depending on how formatted the text is).
But there is now a new new problem i have to face. Trying to doing the orthographic spelling with these large files, the application always blocks, and i have to force quit. No way to go on. (This however doesn’t happen with small files).
The second problem happens while opening old Nisus files or files i didn’t open recently. I always receive this warning (said in English):
«There were some problems while reading this document. Please review the document before saving to see if anything has been lost. If you are willing to send this file to Nisus Software, we will investigate the issue».
Up to now i didn’t send any, otherwise i should have sent to Nisus my entire digital production. What to do then?
Can anybody help me?
Thanks
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Managing large files

Post by martin »

lellius wrote:But there is now a new new problem i have to face. Trying to doing the orthographic spelling with these large files, the application always blocks, and i have to force quit. No way to go on. (This however doesn’t happen with small files).
That sounds like a bug to me, though to be clear, when you say "orthographic spelling" do you mean you are trying to show/use the spelling panel? Would you be able to send me a document where the problem occurs? The best way would be from inside NWP using the menu Help > Send Feedback.
The second problem happens while opening old Nisus files or files i didn’t open recently. I always receive this warning (said in English):
«There were some problems while reading this document. Please review the document before saving to see if anything has been lost. If you are willing to send this file to Nisus Software, we will investigate the issue».
If you send me one of these I'm happy to have a look as well.
lellius

Re: Managing large files

Post by lellius »

Thanks, Martin, for your prompt answer.
I think i will send the text personally to you.
gb