Return to last edit

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
jabbott

Return to last edit

Post by jabbott »

I Googled but couldn't find an answer--will the new Nisus 2.0 open your document where you last worked on it? Or at least have a keyboard shortcut that takes you to your last edit once the document is open. Thank you.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Return to last edit

Post by martin »

Yes, Nisus Writer Pro has been saving the selection location inside the file (and restoring it upon reopening the file) for quite some time.
jabbott

Post by jabbott »

Thanks Martin. I had not tried Nisus in a few years and could not remember if that made it over from Nisus Classic. Oddly Microsoft took this function out of Word 2011. Joe Kissell's review makes me think I should give it another look . . .thank you.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Glad to hear you're taking another look!

One other selection tip: when you're editing/moving about in your file, it's often nice to jump back to your prior selection locations. NWP lets you do that using the "Back" toolbar button or the menu Edit > Select > Previous Selection, or via the default keyboard shortcut Command + [
jabbott

Post by jabbott »

Is a selection location the same, though, as return to last edit?

Let's say on p 348 I simply type the last sentence of the day. The next morning, when I open the document next, will I go back to p 348? That's what I'm asking.
Lanx

Post by Lanx »

jabbott wrote:Is a selection location the same, though, as return to last edit?

Let's say on p 348 I simply type the last sentence of the day. The next morning, when I open the document next, will I go back to p 348? That's what I'm asking.
Yes, you will be back on page 348.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Lanx is correct, you will be returned to the last edit location. The insertion point (flashing i-beam / caret) is really just a special zero-length selection.