Nisus Pro 2

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
greenmorpher

Re: Nisus Pro 2

Post by greenmorpher »

ptram wrote:We will not see Geoff, because he promised a pilgrimage. He should be on the way of the nearest temple...
As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm sure it was the threat of mass waxing that did it! :wink:

Really nice stuff. And we can lock the margins too, so as not to move them accidentally: View > Page guides > Lock page guides

Graphics looks pretty neat.

Lots of stuff to explore.

Ebook saving too. I might just be publishing something out of NWP some time in the not too distant future.

Cheers, geoff

Geoffrey Heard
Business & Environment Writer, Editor, Publisher
The Worsley Press
Jester

Post by Jester »

Haha the demo leaves a watermark on the last page, me not like :x :P .
robertb

Post by robertb »

The new version is a thing of beauty and a joy...well, if not forever, at least for a while.

One of the things that gave me a hazy worry was all the new features and if, to support them, Nisus would switch to a different default format. I was relieved to see that rtf remains the standard.

Great work!

Robert Blade, Jacksonville, Fla.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Thanks for your replies Jester, I'm glad you're liking the new features!
Jester wrote:• Update works for PPC too!!! Thanks for your continuous support to PPC, my sister will be really happy! (She's 13 and loves Nisus, BTW.)
That's sweet to hear. Although she might need a new machine at some point; PPC support has been dropping from OSX so I expect to see other developers following Apple's lead.
Jester wrote:• Will the changes by other people appear in a new colour?
• Can I change the colour of the "bubble" in which comments/tracked changes appear? I hate yellow.
Yes indeed, each author in the document is assigned a different color. You can customize them in NWP's "Appearance" preferences.
• Is it me or was the font changed? It seems to be a bigger one too, can one/you go back to the old one? I like it a lot more. (Sorry for complaining so much, but I know you appreciate the feedback ;).)
We do like all the feedback! As to the font, what do you mean exactly? The font used by the text of your comments? It's actually controlled by the "Comment" paragraph style, which is added to the document as necessary. This style is usually based on "Normal", so the font will follow. However, if your New File template has a "Comment" style, NWP will copy that over as it needs.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

robertb wrote:The new version is a thing of beauty and a joy...
Thanks Robert, we appreciate that!
One of the things that gave me a hazy worry was all the new features and if, to support them, Nisus would switch to a different default format. I was relieved to see that rtf remains the standard.
Ah yes, RTF is an old workhorse, but a solid one.
rickl

Post by rickl »

I downloaded 2 today and tried it out for a while. I don't have any earth shattering discoveries to share, but I was working with my Table of Contents on the left, then Comments, then the text I was writing, then Tracked Changes, and I must say I really liked the look of the thing. It didn't feel distracting or over the top to have all those things together.

I'm interested to see whether support for .doc files created with Japanese versions of Word is improved from version 1.
Jester

Post by Jester »

martin wrote:Thanks for your replies Jester, I'm glad you're liking the new features!
Indeed! It's a substantial improvement, and I'll definitely get it in a few days. Thanks for all the hard work! :D
martin wrote:That's sweet to hear. Although she might need a new machine at some point; PPC support has been dropping from OSX so I expect to see other developers following Apple's lead.
Yeah, she's a kid so she doesn't really need a powerful computer, so she'll be using that one until she buys one herself haha. Will VLC not work on Lion? That sucks. Anyhow, I am so NOT getting it; I'll wait a bit after reading lots of comments and reviews, but for now I'll stick to SL.
martin wrote: Yes indeed, each author in the document is assigned a different color. You can customize them in NWP's "Appearance" preferences.
Great! Too bad it's the end of the semester here, so it's not of much use now; it'll certainly be put to a lot of use during the next semester :) .
martin wrote: We do like all the feedback! As to the font, what do you mean exactly? The font used by the text of your comments? It's actually controlled by the "Comment" paragraph style, which is added to the document as necessary. This style is usually based on "Normal", so the font will follow. However, if your New File template has a "Comment" style, NWP will copy that over as it needs.
By this I mean the font in which my name (i.e. Daniel) appears in the comments, and also the one for added in the Track Changes. It did change from NWP 1, right?
martin wrote:
robertb wrote:
Ah yes, RTF is an old workhorse, but a solid one.
Yes, RTF is great, and you described its characteristics brilliantly.

Now that you mention it, can one save in .odt ?
Jester

Post by Jester »

By the by, the languages still say Costa Rico, not Rica.
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

The mistake persists only in the original English and in Danish localisation.
Mikebrown@mhrc.net

Post by Mikebrown@mhrc.net »

I wish to really thank NISUS for allowing Nisus Pro 2 to run on the older machines. I have a PPC on system X.4 because I absolutely need CLASSIC. I wrote a program that took me three years to write. In addition, I use X.5 on the system I use all the time because I use CANVAS X which of course uses Rosetta. (I didn't realize that X.6 also had Rosetta.) I don't like the rate that Apple is dropping things.

My wife uses an up to date mac and yet I can still use the same Nisus Pro on all my machines that she uses!
Jester

Post by Jester »

^ How come only in those two?

And, again, how did I move Track Changes to the left? :p
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

Jester wrote:^ How come only in those two?
They must have been overlooked for some reason. The rest were all right even in NWP 1.4.1.
Jester wrote:And, again, how did I move Track Changes to the left? :p
Tracking and Display Options... menu (in the gear menu in Tracked Changes navigator) allows you to show the pane on left or right.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Jester wrote:By this I mean the font in which my name (i.e. Daniel) appears in the comments, and also the one for added in the Track Changes. It did change from NWP 1, right?
Ahh okay, thanks for the clarification. I'm not sure if the font was changed, but perhaps. We did try to tighten up the display of comments to conserve space. Ideally the font should be a preference- I'll file that as an enhancement.
Now that you mention it, can one save in .odt ?
You can export to ODT- it's listed in the Export As dialog as "OpenOffice.org Open Document".
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Jester wrote:By the by, the languages still say Costa Rico, not Rica.
Hrm, sorry about that- I'm not sure why that came back, but I'll file it as an issue.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Hamid wrote:Tracking and Display Options... menu (in the gear menu in Tracked Changes navigator) allows you to show the pane on left or right.
You can also get there via the menu Tools > Track Changes > Tracking and Display Options. If you want to change it for all your new documents, you can open up your New File template and adjust it there.