Rosetta & Lion

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
dpmeyer

Rosetta & Lion

Post by dpmeyer »

Will you be updating the document translators for Lion which will not have Rosetta?
Intel iMac 2.4 OS 10.6.6
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Rosetta & Lion

Post by martin »

You can already download an Intel-only version from our Nisus Writer Pro download page. This version doesn't require Rosetta, even for importing documents.

And naturally we'll keep NWP updated to work on Lion, should any issues come up.
dpmeyer

Post by dpmeyer »

I have Pro. You mean it doesn't depend on Rosetta, don't you. No need to answer. I've given up on Pages. It's flawed. Invisibles crash into blue squares and it doesn't translate well. I'm using only Pro now. Thanks! -Dave
Intel iMac 2.4 OS 10.6.6
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

dpmeyer wrote:I have Pro. You mean it doesn't depend on Rosetta, don't you. No need to answer.
I'll answer all the same, to clarify for others 8)

Rosetta is a part of OSX that allows users to run old PPC applications (as opposed to applications made for new Intel Macs). It's been reported that OSX 10.7 "Lion" will remove Rosetta.

We offer two versions of Pro for download. The core part of both applications is universal (ie: will work on both PPC and Intel computers without the need for Rosetta). The only part of the default download that uses Rosetta is the file importer (eg: opening binary ".doc" files). However, for users that don't have/want Rosetta, we offer an "Intel-only" download that includes Intel versions of the file importer, and thus Rosetta isn't needed.
Jester

Post by Jester »

Actually a Lion Beta ("Legal pirate version", if that makes any sense) is already out/leaked; it's "Apple MAC OS X 10.7 'Lion' Developer Preview Build 11A390".

I guess Nisus has had it for some time now.