Mathtype image size and Snow Leopard

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
snoweater

Mathtype image size and Snow Leopard

Post by snoweater »

1. Resolution of Image of Mathtype equations inserted with Leopard is very poor after OSX is updated to Snow Leopard.
2. Image size of Mathtype equations is not automatically adjusted with Snow Leopard. When Mathtype images are copy&past or dragged into NWP document, NWP treats them as usual image. So Mathtype images are expanded to fit document width. Pages 09 does same way when copy&pase or dragged, but its "Insert => Mathtype Equation" does automatic resize nicely. I think this should be related to Snow Leopard.
I need immediate fix of these problems. Thanks.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Mathtype image size and Snow Leopard

Post by martin »

Apple appears to have changed something on 10.6 in the way images behave on the clipboard. You can observe the same problem when pasting an equation into TextEdit. Hopefully we can workaround this problem, thanks!
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

We should have this fixed in public beta 4.
snoweater

Post by snoweater »

Thanks for quick fix. I got public beta 4.
But the resolution of the mathtype equation is still poorer than it was with Leopard. The resolution difference is obvious between NWP and Pages. Please fix this problem. Thanks.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I haven't been able to see any different in the image quality. For me, the equations are sharp and crisp, both on screen and saved to PDF. I've zoomed in far (eg: 800%) and the equations look like smooth curves to me.

Can you send us an example document using the menu Help > Send Feedback? Also, does the problem affect newly inserted equations, old ones, or both?
snoweater

Post by snoweater »

Both newly and previously inserted equations are affected. I am going to send an example. Thanks.