Desired NWP 1.3 features

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ninjagame

Re: Desired NWP 1.3 features

Post by ninjagame »

greenmorpher wrote:There you go, you see, ninjagame, I read 13 stripes on the Mac interface and my left brain gets scrambled and I can't do simple arithmetic! :lol:
Could it be the heat you complained about the other day? Shimmering, double images and the lot? How about around 0 °C and snowflakes in Hamburg :D ?

ninjagame
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

My wife was in Brussels (and Rome to see the Pope) just a couple of weeks ago as part of an official delegation to the EU from Timor-Leste, where it is currently within a degree of 32 celsius every day and about 24 celsius at night. She gave graphic descriptions of near death experiences in the cold. And that was just looking out the window! :o

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard,
Publisher, Editor & Business Writer
The Worsley Press

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- the secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter" -- real publishing smarts. Both now just $29.95. See the books at http://www.worsleypress.com
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

greenmorpher wrote:where it is currently within a degree of 32 celsius every day and about 24 celsius at night…
32 celsius? Eh eh! You think fahrenheit and write celsius, Geoff.

Cheers, Henry.
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

Poor construction; the daily ration of 32 celsius is in Dili, Timor-Leste, just a few feet above sea level about 8 degrees south of the equator. Kind of tropical. :P

Cheers, geoff

Geoffrey Heard,
Publisher, Editor & Business Writer
The Worsley Press

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- the secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. "How to Start and Produce a Magazine or Newsletter" -- real publishing smarts. Both now just $29.95. See the books at http://www.worsleypress.com
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

I thought it was a miracle. You know, Rome, the pope…

Greetings, Henry
ninjagame

Desired NWP 1.3 features

Post by ninjagame »

I'm not sure if this has been discussed before and to what end – maybe it's just one of my weird ideas:
I would like to have the total number of pages in the current document displayed in the status bar. For example: I'm currently writing a science fiction novel. Chapter 1 runs from page 1 to page 8, chapter 2 from page 9 to page 26. In chapter 2 the status bar displays, e.g., "page 13 of 26". I seem to remember Nisus Writer Classic displaying something like "page 13 of 26 (14)".

ninjagame
Hamid

Post by Hamid »

ninjagame wrote:I would like to have the total number of pages in the current document displayed in the status bar.
This feature is there in the current version. (See left bottom of the Statusbar in Page view).
ninjagame

Post by ninjagame »

Thanks, Hamid, for pointing that out – it sort of slipped by me.
So let me rephrase the desideratum: Logical page numbers and physical page numbers in one display.

ninjagame
samuelas

Post by samuelas »

How about integration with Zotero? New plug-in architecture should make it easy.

s
dude

Post by dude »

I have used NWP for quite some time. It is my word processor of choice and the one I do all my work in, with the exception of writing papers for journals which that work starts in Scrivener and ends up in NWP.

I would like to know if anyone from NSI is reading this thread and taking considerations seriously?

My suggestions are this.

Track changes is a must at this point. It is not my number one request but for NWP to stay relevant, it has to happen. Pages keeps looking better all the time.

Native support or really really close support with Bookends, EndNote, etc. Just pick one and I will work with it. I need real support for this that is tied into NWP very tight.

Those two suggestions alone increase sales, and probably stress for the developers. :)
Just a guy trying to be a dude...
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

Well, boys and girls, two pages (2) of desired new features, and NO ONE asked for a vertical ruler yet? Really!
Maybe someone from NSI does read this thread ( :wink: do you?), and will take heed of this wish in NWP 1.3.
I agree with all of you who say we have practically caught up with Nisus Classic 6.5.
Apart from that vertical ruler, of course - and such.
Anne
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Yes, we do read posts in this thread- as least, ones that don't mention a vertical ruler ;)
dude

Post by dude »

Keep up the good work and the vertical ruler stuff, you skip that in leiu of my suggestions first. ;-)
Just a guy trying to be a dude...
Anne Cuneo

Post by Anne Cuneo »

AH! :wink:! Now I understand! You manage to make those vertical ruler :love: posts INVISIBLE! Well, as long as YOU don't forget…
Anne
torspo

Post by torspo »

An user friendly automatic equation numbering feature would be greatly appreciated.
Image resizing with precise numerical parameters would be useful too.
Thanks!