More Options for contextual paste menu

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ProfT

More Options for contextual paste menu

Post by ProfT »

When I right click to paste an item into a document, I'd like to have all the paste options available, especially paste text only. I know that it's available via a key command, but it seems to make sense to have both of the main paste commands and not just the one available. A menu flow like the main paste menu from the edit command would be perfect.

Prof T
mrennie

Post by mrennie »

I'm not sure if this helps, but you can also click on the Clipboard icon next to the Zoom icon in the status bar to choose "Paste Text Only". Granted, it is not as convenient as an entry in the contextual menu, but it is probably quicker than having to go into the Edit menu. Also, depending on your preferences, you can easily assign the Paste Text Only command a keyboard shortcut.
greenmorpher

Post by greenmorpher »

I agree with you, ProfT. I don't use contextual menus much, but when I do and find that they don't match what is available in other menus, I have a tendency to go spare!

The sub-menus ought to be present for Cut, Copy and Paste. They are there for Spelling, etc. lower down in the menu.

Cheers, Geoff

Geoffrey Heard, Business Writer & Publisher

"Type & Layout: Are you communicating or just making pretty shapes" -- Revealed! The secrets of how you can use type and layout to turbocharge your messages in print. See the book at http://www.worsleypress.com
Hamid

DejaMenu

Post by Hamid »

greenmorpher wrote:I don't use contextual menus much, but when I do and find that they don't match what is available in other menus, I have a tendency to go spare!
In that case you can use DejaMenu:
http://homepage.mac.com/khsu/DejaMenu/DejaMenu.html
At one press of the configured key combo you get the current application's main menu as a contextual menu.
ProfT

Post by ProfT »

Thanks for the suggestions; they've helped me create a better workflow, but I do hope that a complete feature set for the contextual menu will be implemented in a future update.