Tabs (para indents)

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Aldous U

Tabs (para indents)

Post by Aldous U »

Hello. I'm completely new here, so what I have to ask could be old hat to everyone else.

As I'm having trouble with fonts on my Mac since I upgraded to Leopard I've been looking for an alternative word processing program. I've tried a couple - Scrivener for one - and found them pretty good, but a couple of days ago I downloaded the Nisus Pro trial version, and am using it to write a story to give it a good run-through. I like it very much, and might already have purchased the full version but for one thing: I can't find any way of altering the tabs (might be more commonly known as paragraph indents to some). There must surely be a way of reducing or extending the tabs. Any suggestions please?
Ruchama

Post by Ruchama »

Did you notice the triangles on the top ruler? these should be draged along the ruler.. you can also click on the indent/outdent icons on top, there are various options. Does that answer your question or am i missing something?

the para-indents (fro the first line in a paragraph) is the top triangle.

( if you want to change a written paragraph setting you should select it first.)
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Yes, adjusting or adding the icons (markers) on the ruler is the way to control tabs and indents. You might check out the help files, starting on pages 73 for indents or 87 for tabs.
Aldous U

Post by Aldous U »

Problem solved. Thanks to you both. (There's always a simple answer to knucklebrained questions, isn't there? Fact is I hadn't needed to use the ruler before, so I hadn't seen the markers). I'm definitely a convert to Nisus now.

The 'numbered help files' referred to by ONP Martin remain a small mystery, however. I know where the Help window is, of course, but numbered pages...?
ProfT

Post by ProfT »

If you select Nisus Writer Pro Help from the Help menu, it will launch the Nisus Writer Pro User's Guide. The numbers referenced are the page numbers of that PDF document.

Prof T
Aldous U

Help pages

Post by Aldous U »

Excellent. Thank you.