Baseline adjustments

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
LongTermUser

Baseline adjustments

Post by LongTermUser »

I am using MathEq the replacement of Expressionist for my equations. The old Expressionist and classic Nisus worked perfectly when inlining equations with text. The equations were inserted with the proper baseline.

The problem with MathEq and now NWP is that the equations are not inserted with baseline correction. I can raise or lower the baseline by one standard point for each case and get close, however the printing still shows the miss-alignment.

1 Can I adjust the base line by fractions?
2 How can I get this baseline to work correctly without constant tweaking?
3 Is the problem with the equation editor?

My technical documents have hundreds of numbered and inline equations (in many cases over a thousand). Thus fine tuning each equations baseline is not a good option.

Thanks

Lorenz H. Menke, Jr.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I gave it a try and copy-pasting in an equation from MathEQ [version 4.0.8] does appear to import the baseline that MathEQ had set. Does the incorrect baseline manifest for new equations, or only those found in your Nisus Writer Classic documents? Also, might it be possible that the baseline chosen by MathEQ simply does not meet your expectations?
LongTermUser

Post by LongTermUser »

Maybe this can be solved. If you cut and paste from MathEq 4.0 (U01) to NWP using the postscript formats and some others the baseline is recognized. However, it is of lower quality on the screen and for printing. Choosing the higher quality option (say formatted for Nisus) then the problem appears.

Unless you have discovered a settings arrangement that works (perhaps send me your MathEq settings) the baseline problem persists. Lets look at this a bit more closely. Additional information is that I am using a G5 iMac of the first generation from 2004.

Thanks

Lorenz H. Menke, Jr.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

What version of NWP are you using? The latest (1.0.3) fixes some issues with blurry images.
LongTermUser

Post by LongTermUser »

I am using the latest versions (NWP 1.03 and OS10.5.1).

Lorenz