Faded page border

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ptram

Faded page border

Post by ptram »

Hi,

I don't know the others, but I use a bright page background. This makes the black page border a bit too 'rough' and 'sharp'. This might be a minor issue for some, but I think that a grey or faded border would make the appearance more elegant, maybe even less distracting.

Paolo
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

To be clear that I understand, you mean the thin black line that frames each page and at the top of the document sits just a few points down from the ruler?
ptram

Post by ptram »

Martin, you are correct. I mean the thin frame that separates the white area of the page, from the darker background around the page.

To be honest, what I would like was a bit more realism for the page representation. A hint of shadow might help. And smoothed borders would probably help, too.

(Not that this would be an essential feature, mind you; just a way to make things even nicer).

Paolo
ptram

Post by ptram »

Again on this issue; I like this page "theme" very much:

http://www.tecnozoom.it/cellulari/samsung-sgh-i450.html

Just a slight shadow, with a gentle fading out from the page to the border. I don't know if the customizable background can cause problems with something like this.

Paolo
craigminah

Post by craigminah »

Are you talking about the black line between the white text area and the blue background in my exploded screenshot? Seems very inconsequential and such a little thing to criticize if it is. Going to Draft View eliminates this "problem."

ptram

Post by ptram »

Yes, Craig, I intend that line. And no, I don't think this is a major annoyance, but I take freedom to suggest a way to adding "charme" to the visual appearance of the page. All considered, we have 3D tab stops, so a 3D page representation shouldn't do too much harm to the overall functionality of the program.

I fear that switching to Draft View is not a solution, but a way to override the "problem", going in the opposite direction than my humble "search for more realism".

Paolo