Equation printing and numbering

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
LongTermUser

Equation printing and numbering

Post by LongTermUser »

I am using Nisus Writer Pro. I am converting my old NWC documents which contain many equations, equation numbering and cross referencing. My equation editor is MathEq/Expressionist. The problems that I am having are

1 The equations are not printing well. They print with low resolution. What do I do to fix this?

2 I have set up an equation list numbering but the equation numbering is on the left side instead of the right side of the page.

3 I am having problems with baseline recognition. Many of my equations are designed for inline with the test flow. I can apply lower baseline 4 times for proper alignment. Is there a simpler way to correct this? Even for the equations that are numbered I have to adjust the baseline. In some of my documents there are over 1000 MathEq/Expressionist entries.

Lorenz H. Menke, Jr.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Equation printing and numbering

Post by martin »

LongTermUser wrote:1 The equations are not printing well. They print with low resolution. What do I do to fix this?
What version of Nisus Writer are you using? You may want to see if the NWP 1.0.2 public beta fixes the problem. If not, please send a sample document to us using the menu Help > Send Feedback.
2 I have set up an equation list numbering but the equation numbering is on the left side instead of the right side of the page.
I'm not sure I understand. Can you simply right-align the paragraph?
I can apply lower baseline 4 times for proper alignment. Is there a simpler way to correct this? Even for the equations that are numbered I have to adjust the baseline. In some of my documents there are over 1000 MathEq/Expressionist entries.
If all the images in your document are equations that need to have their baseline adjusted the same amount, you could use a macro:

Code: Select all

Set Selection 1, 0	# move to start of document
# process all inline images in the document
While Select Next Image
	# lower baseline four times
	$count = 0
	While $count < 4
		Format:Baseline:Lower Baseline
		$count += 1
	End
End
Otherwise, you might just have to go through and manually tweak things.
LongTermUser

Equation printing format.

Post by LongTermUser »

MathEQ/Expressionist can support many equations formats which when copied and pasted back into the editor are recognized so that no information is lost.

A possible solution to this problem is if there is a preferred equation format(s) that NWP works well with?

Lorenz H. Menke, Jr.
pax

Re: Equation printing and numbering

Post by pax »

martin wrote:
LongTermUser wrote:1 The equations are not printing well. They print with low resolution. What do I do to fix this?
What version of Nisus Writer are you using? You may want to see if the NWP 1.0.2 public beta fixes the problem. If not, please send a sample document to us using the menu Help > Send Feedback.
NWP 1.0.2 public beta still does not fix this problem of low resolution when printing MathType equations.
MikeKazlow

Post by MikeKazlow »

The public beta is much worse with Mathtype Equations than the previous version. In fact, it is unusable.