Show Invisibles

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
xiamenese

Show Invisibles

Post by xiamenese »

Am I the only one who wishes that I could always have "Show Invisibles" turned on automatically, I have it set in my Nisus New File template, but that doesn't affect exports from Scrivener or Word documents I'm sent.(Yes, I know there's a shortcut … which I always forget!)

A Preference setting perhaps?

:D

Mark
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Show Invisibles

Post by martin »

As you probably know, Nisus Writer stores the "show invisibles" state inside each file separately. However, this is a custom Nisus specific enhancement to the RTF file format, so Scrivener and Word documents would never include it.

I think the ideal solution is for any non-Nisus files to always follow the "show invisibles" setting set forth in your Nisus New File template. I'll file an enhancement that Nisus Writer should import such files that way. Thanks for the suggestion Mark! :)

In the meantime I think that learning the relevant keyboard shortcut (or setting your own better shortcut) is the way to go.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

Actually, this already behaves as it should: if you change your Nisus New File template so it shows invisibles by default, then any non-Nisus files you import will follow those settings.
xiamenese

Post by xiamenese »

martin wrote: 2021-02-01 10:47:42 Actually, this already behaves as it should: if you change your Nisus New File template so it shows invisibles by default, then any non-Nisus files you import will follow those settings.
Thank you Martin. Truth to tell, I don't know if I previously had it switched on in Nisus New File on my now deceased 17" MBP. I did turn it on when I installed NWP on this replacement (up-scaled M1 MacBook Air!) and saw that it carried over to new files. But I haven't yet tried opening an external document on this machine … to many other things to do first.

:)

Mark