Thanks for the Big Sur update!

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
Amontillado

Thanks for the Big Sur update!

Post by Amontillado »

The update has fixed the sluggishness I'd seen after installing Big Sur, and it appears to have improved life in other ways.

I had started wearing pants, which is not The Nisus Way, and to get past word processing sluggishness I'd taken to writing my correspondence in hand-coded PostScript with edlin.

Although I'd finally gotten pretty good with manually coded PostScript, the upgraded Nisus is considerably more convenient than edlin. I would go so far as to recommend Nisus over edlin, particularly for long form work. Layout is so much easier than roll-your-own PostScript, too.

Kudos!

Ctrl-Z
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Thanks for the Big Sur update!

Post by martin »

Amontillado wrote: 2020-12-22 11:47:07 The update has fixed the sluggishness I'd seen after installing Big Sur, and it appears to have improved life in other ways.
That's great to hear! Thanks for letting us know :)

I can't say I've ever hand-edited PostScript, but I took a quick look at some code examples and it doesn't strike me as the sort of thing I would want to do on a regular basis to produce my documents. I'm happy that Nisus Writer can help you avoid this task, no matter your attire!