Lost Bookends Function

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
ProfT

Lost Bookends Function

Post by ProfT »

I am having an issue similar to the one references in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11666

I can copy the citation in Bookends (13.4.8) and paste it manually into NWP (3.2), but the command to insert citation from the NWP Tools menu no longer works. My computer beeps when I try it. I checked the Privacy section in my settings, and in the automation settings, NWP has access to Bookends, but Bookends only has access to System Events.app and Mail.app. NWP is not listed for me to add. Is there a way to prompt this? I deleted NWP as the default word processor in the Bookends preferences and then added it back, but that did not change anything.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. The manual copy and paste certainly works, but it's far less efficient than the command.

Mike
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Lost Bookends Function

Post by martin »

I asked the developer of Bookends about your problem and the recommendation was to reset AppleEvent permissions as described in this article.

I hope that helps!
ProfT

Post by ProfT »

Thank you, Martin!

The reset all option worked. After approving access for NWP and Bookends, the automated insertion process is working again.

Mike
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

That's great to hear! Thanks for letting us know it worked for you Mike 8)