"must agree to EULA"

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
editor10

"must agree to EULA"

Post by editor10 »

After installing Nisus 3.1 I cannot open any documents except those that were open when the application was active last. I cannot open the template file either to make a blank document. The error message says "Must agree to EULA". I didn't see any license agreement. My license is not new.

Oddly, at the end of the installation, AppCleaner started up and presented me with a list of Nisus folders that it recommended moving to trash. I agreed but have not emptied the trash. Perhaps this is connected to my problem. However, now I do not know where to replace those folders.

Thanks.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: "must agree to EULA"

Post by martin »

Deleting support folders out from under Nisus Writer while it is running sure sounds like a possible culprit. Generally that's a bad idea, no matter what app you're using. I don't know what folder(s) AppCleaner removes, but if it cleared away Nisus Writer's sandbox folder, then you might need to shutdown and reboot your entire Mac. That will hopefully force the system (macOS) to recreate the necessary support folders.

Please let us know if you continue to have troubles.
editor10

Post by editor10 »

Thank you, Martin. I will reboot from another drive and try to do what you suggest.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

You shouldn't need to boot from another drive. Just restart your entire Mac from your normal drive.