Adding Fonts to Favorite Fonts Menu in NWP

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
raybythelake

Adding Fonts to Favorite Fonts Menu in NWP

Post by raybythelake »

I have followed the often cited procedure of opening the font book application, selecting the font I want to add to Favorite Menu (in Format menu), then selecting the gear icon and enabling "add to Favorites". This does not work, even after I quit the app and reopen, the font I just added to Favorites is not in the Format > Font > Favorite Fonts menu option. What am I missing in this procedure?

Ray
raybythelake

Re: Adding Fonts to Favorite Fonts Menu in NWP

Post by raybythelake »

I accidentally discovered a procedure for adding fonts to the Favorites menu in NWP, but it is NOT what is described in the product documentation.

My next problem is I cannot REMOVE a font from the Favorites menu using the procedure described below:

Re: Font Categories
Report Quote
Post by Groucho » 2011-06-06 05:53:24

Now this is odd. How do I delete a favorite font? I added one for experiment, and though I hit any key combination it’s still around unhanged. I can change its name but I can’t make it disappear. It looks down on me undaunted.

Greetings, Henry.
Hamid
Re: Font Categories
Report Quote
Post by Hamid » 2011-06-06 06:18:34

Just select the font that you want to remove from Favorites and drag and drop it back on 'All Fonts'.
raybythelake

Post by raybythelake »

Again, accidentally discovered how to remove font from Favorites. Dragging it OFF the fonts window removes it. Dragging it onto the ALL FONTS item on the left side of the Fonts window does not remove it as a 2007 post had stated.
martin
Official Nisus Person

Post by martin »

I'm glad you got it all sorted out Ray. Any instructions to use Apple's Font Book application to manage your favorite fonts may no longer be valid. I don't even see that category/collection listed in Font Book any more, at least on my Mac– very strange! I don't know why Apple would remove that, since Font Book does still list other collections, like English.

It seems the only way to manage what fonts appear in the list of favorite fonts is through Apple's font panel. You get to that panel from inside Nisus Writer using the menu Format > Font > Show Fonts. From there you can still add or remove favorite fonts, as you discovered.
Groucho

Post by Groucho »

How young I was!

Henry