invalid paper size

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
oldwaterskier

invalid paper size

Post by oldwaterskier »

I created a new envelope size in the "custom size" popup. I was able to then select it in "page setup." However, whenever I attempt to print, I get "invalid paper size. Change custom paper to correct size or…."

I have closed and restarted Nisus and computer. I have deleted and created a new custom size. Same result.

Any fixes?
ProfT

Re: invalid paper size

Post by ProfT »

That error is usually a printer restriction. What printer model are you trying to use?

Mike
oldwaterskier

Post by oldwaterskier »

Printer is Brother HL-3170CDW. It has never had problem before with any custom size.
ProfT

Post by ProfT »

What is the custom paper size you're attempting to use? Yes, I've done a lot of custom sizes with that printer as well, but the only times I've encountered this error it was when I had tried to do a size the printer itself ruled out of bounds. (There certainly might be other reasons, but I thought this might be the place to start troubleshooting.)
oldwaterskier

Post by oldwaterskier »

It appears the problem is that when I save a document template using the custom size that I have created, the page set up that is saved is for a size labeled "other" with the correct dimensions but incorrect orientation. When I create a new document from the template, if I go to page set up and change to the correct name of the custom size and the correct orientation, then it prints correctly. What a nuisance. Not sure what I can do about that. I have made sure that printer firmware and are up-to-date.
ProfT

Post by ProfT »

When you go to print, what is the Presets selection in the print dialog? I wonder if that might be overriding your selection. (E.g. Last used settings might override what you have selected to go with the template.) Martin or others will have to weigh in on the relationship between the page set up in the template and the printer settings. I don't know how Nisus and the system navigate those settings.
oldwaterskier

Post by oldwaterskier »

I'm not computer literate enough to know the relationship between the page set up dialogue and the print dialog. My problem happens in the page set up dialogue when I try to create a template. When I save to the templates folder, it changes what I have in the page set up dialogue to "any printer," "other" size, and wrong orientation. That shows up whenever I create a new document from the template, before I get to the print dialog.