Import from Microsoft Word to Nisus Writer Pro

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
lramosgomez

Import from Microsoft Word to Nisus Writer Pro

Post by lramosgomez »

I use the latest release of Nisus Writer Pro (NWP). I would like to know why NWP, when importing a Word file, puts the images floating and not in line with the text. NeoOffice and Libreoffice correctly import text and images in line with the text. Also, I have a Word file larger than 500 Mb that NWP is not able to import after several hours working, but NeoOffice, Pages and LibreOffice do.

What's the problem on Nisus?

Best regards
MacSailor

Re: Import from Microsoft Word to Nisus Writer Pro

Post by MacSailor »

lramosgomez wrote: 2020-05-07 09:24:25 I use the latest release of Nisus Writer Pro (NWP). I would like to know why NWP, when importing a Word file, puts the images floating and not in line with the text. NeoOffice and Libreoffice correctly import text and images in line with the text. Also, I have a Word file larger than 500 Mb that NWP is not able to import after several hours working, but NeoOffice, Pages and LibreOffice do.

What's the problem on Nisus?

Best regards
If you haven't tried it yet, try to change the preferences to LibreOffice within »Nisus Writer Pro Menu - Preferences - Advanced». If you try to change these preferences, it might help you with this matter.
Peter Edwardsson
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Import from Microsoft Word to Nisus Writer Pro

Post by martin »

The first and best recommendation is to have Word save its document as Rich Text Format (aka RTF). Support for RTF is excellent in both Microsoft Word and Nisus Writer; RTF will result in the best fidelity when exchanging files between Word and Nisus.

If you can't use RTF then Nisus Writer will import Word .doc and .docx files, but they must go through our file converter. However we can't guarantee the fidelity of that import, and I suppose I'm not surprised you're having trouble with a huge 500 MB file.