Table with a gap between rows

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
paieye

Table with a gap between rows

Post by paieye »

The attachment shows part of a table that I sent in the RTF-format to a correspondent She made corrections to some of the text -- though not to the table itself -- and sent it back to me, still in the RTF-format. When it went from me, there were no gaps between the rows. When, without downloading the file that she is returning, I look at the attachment in HTML, there are no gaps. But when I download it, and open it in NWP, there are these gaps. How can I prevent this ?
Attachments
SCREENSHOT 26 A.png
SCREENSHOT 26 A.png (251.75 KiB) Viewed 5580 times
martin
Official Nisus Person

Re: Table with a gap between rows

Post by martin »

This is going to be hard to answer confidently without seeing the exact file data, but most likely the file was somehow transformed or edited in a way that introduced the unwanted spaces. What software did your correspondent use to edit the RTF file? Did she see the unwanted spaces already when she first opened your RTF file? That would point to an RTF import problem, that her software did not correctly load the file.
Þorvarður

Post by Þorvarður »

Judging from the screenshot, it looks as if you are having multiple tables, each with one row and two columns.

If that's correct, you can get rid of the gaps between the rows by merging the tables.

Here is how to do it:
1. Place the insertion point somewhere in the document
2. Create a new document (File > New)
3. Copy the following three lines and paste them into the new document

Select All Tables
Convert Table to Text
Convert Text to Table

4. Press Command key + A (= Select All)
5. Select the command "Run Selection as Macro" from the Macro menu [it should be the third command from the top]

And voilà, now all gaps are gone.
You will probably need to adjust the width manually, but that's easy if you use the Table palette and the Table Cells palette to do that.
paieye

Post by paieye »

Thank you both, I shall work on this, and report back.