text color

Everything related to our flagship word processor.
soliphint

text color

Post by soliphint »

I have a document with black text and need to type red text responses/questions. Is there a way to set the red text color to that every time I type something — even in the middle of a black text paragraph — the text is always red?
phspaelti

Re: text color

Post by phspaelti »

The simple answer is "no". Styles in Nisus are "sticky", so if you click into a text and start typing you will get the style of the surrounding text.

There are two things you could do: (1) You can set up a style to be the "Next style". However this will only work for paragraph styles. So you will need to type a return first to get the next style. (2) You can use the track changes feature (assuming you are not already using it). If you turn it on, you can later select all the tracked change bits and add the color.
philip
credneb

Post by credneb »

Alternatively, you could assign a key in the menu preferences to 'Red' and another to 'Black', and simply press the key to change the color of the text you are typing.
I use F6 for red and F7 for black, and the change is instantaneous -- that is, not an interruption to my work flow.
mikecass

Post by mikecass »

In Preferences < Menu Keys > Format > Text Colors I have set CMD RED for red, CMD BLA for black, CMD BLU for blue, etc. I currently have 12 choices. I select the text that I want to change the color of, press the command key and type the appropriate abbreviation, and, as credneb says, the change is instantaneous and seamless.
soliphint

Post by soliphint »

These are excellent suggestions. Thanks very much.